Thursday, November 22, 2007

Kim and Nick


Kim and Nick, originally uploaded by austinspace.

I took pix of Kim and Nick on Wednesday, November 21. This is in Senior Hall on campus, where I've shot Kim and others before. It affords great cushy chairs and couches, light streaming in from the west and plenty of room and relative privacy in which to shoot.

On several of the shots in the set I used my 580ex flash for fill and highlighting. The sun only came out only briefly while we shot, something I'm getting used to as we entrench in the ugly winter months. Generally I hate using artificial light but I've gotten used to using the 580, and sometimes get pretty excited with the results. Here I was up in the 800 or 1600 ISO range, mostly, but the 20d performs admirably even under those high speed conditions.

Kim suggested photos of the two of them via email a few days prior. People have been encouraging me to take more photographs of men, and Nick was an ideal candidate. Generally I just don't find guys as interesting to photograph--but obviously I have to be comfortable doing it too, and Kim was sweet enough to offer up her guy.

It's always fun to photograph Kim--and Nick was great fun too. We're already talking about our next shoot.

No comments: